Who we are
Instituto Peabiru is a Brazilian NGO classified as a Civil Society Organization of Public Interest (Oscip), with 23 years of experience, with the mission of fostering the protagonism of social groups in the Amazon to promote full access to their fundamental rights. Based in Belém, Pará, it operates preferably in the Amazon biome. In the state of Pará, special attention is paid to three regions: Greater Belém, Marajó and Northeast Pará.
Foster the role of social groups in the Amazon to promote full access to their fundamental rights.
How do we act?
- Participatory research, reflection and decision-making processes – action research
- Good project management practices
- Security in institutional processes (compliance)
Our intervention approach
- Action research
- Territorial approach
- Gender and youth perspective
- Networks of socio-productive actors
- Stakeholder engagement
- Collective construction of knowledge
Areas of expertise
- Amazon Value Chains
- Social Protection
- corporate social action
- Biodiversity conservation
Discover our projects
https://peabiru.org.br/projetos (In Portuguese, with automatic translation available)
Other english content on Peabiru activities
Phone: +55 91 3222 6000
Gallery of images